Patio Deck Kit
Introducing the "New" Patio Deck Kit
(Provisional Patent App no. 2019903092)
NO END CAPS END CAPS
FOR super-low dECKS OVER cONCRETE
Provides top-of-joist height of 35mm (1.4 inches)
Finally there is a product in the market for those areas where there is minimal step-down from the house or apartment block to your patio area.
Primarily consisting of an engineered aluminium extrusion and nylon base clips, the Patio Deck Kit provides a fixed height of 35mm to the top
of the aluminium joist – meaning that a typical decking board arrangement can still be installed at less than 60mm over your concrete slab
or tiled area.
With the major components being aluminium and nylon, there is no problems with rust, rot, or “moisture-wicking” from a timber batten into
your decking boards, thus ensuring longevity of your decking boards.
The nylon base clips can be fixed to your concrete or tiled using Soudal adhesives, eliminating the need for penetration of the base surface
– tests have demonstrated that the adhesion and longevity of use is more than adequate in all but the most stringent of situations
(eg cyclone or tornado areas).
Types of decking boards to use
Whilst it is up to the individual, it should be remembered that ventilation under your decking boards should always be a consideration
in building a deck– even over concrete, and even when your patio area has a cover over it.
When building low over concrete areas, it is best to use the most stable types of decking. The new generation of “capped” composite
decking boards are ideal for use in this situation as the capping gives a good moisture barrier. Even better is the use of these boards when
combined with the KlevaKlip Snap-Loc clips (especially for use with Trex and ModWood decking) - the Snap-Loc clips can even be adhered
to the joists using the same Soudal adhesive, so no screws or nails at all are needed for your deck.
Of the conventional timber types – merbau is an extremely stable decking and is suitable for most situations, however its “bleeding”
characteristics can be problematical. Many of the Australian hardwoods are great timbers, however it is advisable to get an opinion from
the “manufacturer” regarding their suitability in your specific situation.
Take your “hard” concrete or tiled patio Area
Add our easy to install joist system- wont
rot or rust, whilst still allowing drainage
Now Transformed into a premium-looking deck
area, perfect for relaxation or entertainment.
Features and Benefits
- Enables super-low decks over concrete or tiled surfaces.
- Enables deck height as low as 55mm (21/4 inches).
- Easy to install for the pro or the handyman.
- Engineered aluminium profile for extra joist strength.
- Easy to cut aluminium joist using a fine tooth aluminium cutting blade.
- Strong nylon base clips that will last the life of your deck.
- Zero possibility of moisture transfer that is prevalent through using timber battens/joists onto concrete.
- Won't rot like timber.
- Won't rust like steel.
- In most cases, base clips can be adhered to concrete/tiles with use of adhesives, meaning you do
not need to penetrate your concrete or tiled surface/membrane.