About Joist Connectors
Plastic? No – we like to refer to our Joist Connectors as being made from “Engineering Polymer” – Nylon 6 is used in engineering applications throughout the world due to its strength, toughness and resilience under load. It is not your everyday plastic and will last the life of your deck.
What is the KlevaKlip Joist Connector?
The range of KlevaKlip Joist Connectors have revolutionised the way joists are attached to bearers. An absolute must for every handyman and quickly becoming the preferred fixing method of many builders, the Joist Connector makes the set-out and fixing off of your substructure a breeze.
The Joist Connector has been designed to attach 45mm width Joists to 70mm, 90mm & 45mm width Bearers
Click to enlarge
|JC9045N||to attach 45mm width joist to 90mm width bearer|
|JC7045N||to attach 45mm width joist to 70mm width bearer|
|JC4545N||to attach 45mm width joist to 45mm width bearer|
Joist Connector Installation Video
Fixings required joist connector to bearer:
- 2 fixings on each side of bearer
- Cyclone areas C1 & C2 - 3 Fixings on each side of bearer (not suitable for areas C3 & C4)
Fixings required joist connector to joist:
- Less than 1 metre off the ground - 1 fixing each side of joist
- Higher than 1 metre off the ground - 2 fixings each side of joist
- Cyclone areas C1 & C2 - 3 fixings each side of joist (not suitable for areas C3 & C4)
- 35mm x 3.15mm timber connector nails
- 32mm x 2.7mm Hot Dipped Galvanised coilnails or equivalent (not suitable in cyclone areas)
- 35mm x 8g Galvanised stitching screws (not suitable in Cyclone areas)
Note: Stainless steel equivalents of the above should be used in high corrosion areas.