About Joist Supports
The KlevaKlip Adjustable Joist Support AJH45G (Aus/NZ) is now available in a “full kit” form – AJ45KIT – containing all your bolts, nuts and concrete fixings – making this product even easier to use. See below for details:
What is the KlevaKlip Adjustable Joist Support AJ45KIT & AJH45G (Aus/NZ)?
( AUSTRALIAN PATENT NO 2012261552 - USA NO 14/098253)
The Adjustable Joist Support has been designed specifically to enable decks to easily be built over concrete slabs in areas where limited ground clearance is available. It is ideal for use when the step-down from your door to your concrete slab is between 100mm (minimum) and around 220mm (maximum).
The AJ45KIT & AJH45G has been specifically designed to be used with 45mm wide treated pine timber joists for the Australian & New Zealand markets.
Click to enlarge
How is the Product Purchased?
There are now two options available when purchasing the Adjustable Joist Support- either the Adjustable Joist Kit which includes Bolts, Nuts, Washers and Masonry bolts or the Adjustable Joist where they are not included.
Option 1: Adjustable Joist "Kit" (AJ45KIT): Now Available
The product comes in boxes containing 16 joist supports,16 base plates, 32 x 100mm M10 hex bolts,64 x M10 hex nuts, 32 x M10 washers and 16 x 60mm M10 masonry bolts.
Option 2: Standard Adjustable Joist (AJH45G):
The product comes in boxes containing 24 joist supports and 24 base plates.(see photo below) Bolts, nuts, washers etc.are purchased separately from your hardware store/merchant depending on what height you want to achieve.
Each Adjustable Joist Support ( joist holder + base plate) requires 2 x M10 Hex Head Bolts, 4 x M10 Nuts & 2 X M10 washers, 1 x 12mm x 50mm Galvanised 12mm dynabolt or x 10mm x 60mm masonry bolt or similar.
Differences between Adjustable Joist "Kit" (AJ45KIT)verses Standard Adjustable Joist Support (AJH45G)?
- Easy sourcing – box contains everything you need to build your structure
- Fully threaded 100mm length bolts provide maximum adjustability to cope with your required height and any irregularities in your concrete
- Easy for the retailer – no special ordering or calculating of bolts etc, and no problems regarding thread length of stocked bolts
- Masonry bolts supplied are easier to use than dynabolts
- All Kit bolts supplied are 100 mm length – sometimes customers require 120mm length bolts. They should purchase AJH45G and purchase the bolts,nuts etc separately.
- For top of joist height below 106mm, customers may need to cut off the portion of the bolt protruding above the joist (relevant for 70mm joists)
AJ45KIT- How Packaged in box AJH45G- How Packaged in box
16 Base Plates & Joist Supports 24 Base Plates & Joist Supports
Includes: Bolts, Nuts,Washers & masonry bolts Excludes: Bolts, Nuts,Washers & masonry bolts
Advantages of the Adjustable Joist Support
- Keeps your joists off the concrete and free of unwanted moisture ingress. This Prevents Joist-Rot Through The Bottom Of Your Joists.
- Is Ideal For Use On Area Where The Concrete Has Built In "Fall" - To Provide A Level Deck.
- Quick and easy to use - purpose-built for the application
- Gives a neat, professional look across your deck structure without resorting to various different packers and brackets to achieve your end result
- Uses standard M10 10mm hex head bolts, Nuts and Washers and 10mm masonry bolts either supplied in AJKIT or purchased separately from your Hardware Store/Merchant if you are using the AJH45G.
Span requirements for base- plate positioning for AJ45KIT & AJH45G (Aus/NZ)
All based upon "continuous span" with joists at 450mm between centre's.
|Joist Size||Recommended Span (mm)||Maximum Span (mm)|
|70 x 45 MGP10||800||1200|
|90 x 45 MGP10||1000||1500|
|90 x 45 MGP12||1200||1600|
* Joist span limited by lateral loading on bolts
Heights achieved when using 100mm for AJ45KIT, 60mm & 120mm long M10 Hex Head Bolts for AJH45G Adjustable Joist Supports (Aus/NZ)?
Note: All measurements for 60mm &120mm are based on using Galvanised Zenith brand M10 hex head long-threaded bolts.
|Adjustable Joist Type||Hex Head Bolt Length||Min Height to Bottom of Joist||Max Height to Bottom of Joist||Min Height to Top of 70/90mm Joist||Max Height to Top of 70/90/140mm Joist|
Joist "Kit" (AJ45KIT)
|100mm||16mm||20mm||86* / 106mm||130 / 150 / 200mm|
Standard Adjustable Joist
|60mm||16mm||20mm||86 / 106mm||90 /110|
|120mm||18mm||80mm||88* / 108mm||150 /170/ 220mm|
|**No Bolt||6mm||76 / 96mm|
* If using long bolts at low heights, to prevent the bolts protruding past the top of joist, the end of the bolt will need to be cut off.
** When Using Joist Support Only.